Samsung Galaxy Note 7 – Full Review
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 is just not like it’s predecessors as it comes with a Dual-Curved display,Iris Scanner and more internal Storage.The Note 7 represents the design change in the flagship Galaxy Note line which represents same design of Galaxy S series (S6 edge & S7 edge) which have dual-curved display which makes the screen appear borderless . It is also the First Galaxy Note water and resistant device including the S-pen too with IP65 and IP68 certification. Samsung Galaxy Note 7 has been priced at Rs 59,900/- INR or $905 -$910 (US Dollar).
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 comes with an 5.7″ inches Super AMOLED with Quad HD (1,440 x 2,560px) resolution. It has 78.0% screen-to-body ratio with a pixel density of ~518 ppi. Samsung Galaxy Note 7 also comes with an Always-on display just like S7 and S7 edge. Samsung Galaxy Note 7 ‘s back panel has Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. The sharpness of QuadHD screen is impresssive at brightness at it’s highest and even in Auto mode.
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 comes with Android OS, v6.0.1 (Marshmallow) out of box. and is planned to Upgrade to Androdi 7.0 Nougat in coming months. Galaxy Note 7 is powered by Exynos 8890 Octa-core (four clocked at 2.3 GHz Mongoose and other four at 4x 1.6 GHz Cortex-A53 )with Mali-T880 MP12 GPU .It comes with 4 GB Ram . It comes with Samsung’s TouchWiz UI based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Internal Storage is 64 GB .Expandable upto 256 GB using Sim 2 Slot.
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 ‘s Ram management was excellent.Galaxy Note 7 was close to top in terms of performance as compared to other flagship phones.No doubt. It is one of the fastest phones on the market, sticking close to the top of charts. But still snapdragon 820 and 810 based phones are there and Exynos are limited to samsung only and there’s a big difference if you get a Snapdragon or Exynos powered devices. Exynos is better as you won’t face heating issues while playing heavy graphic games and Snapdragon has heating issues.
Rear/Back camera on Galaxy Note 7 is a 12 MP, f/1.7 aperture 26mm camera, with phase detection autofocus PDAF, OIS, LED flash . It supports a lot moreCamera Features : 1/2.5″ sensor size, 1.4 µm pixel size, geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video touch focus, face/smile detection, Auto HDR, panorama . Shots in dark conditions were good with a lot detail it’s best to tap on the screen to focus where you want and the image quality is quite impressive.
Video Camera records 4K Quality 2160p@30fps, Full HD quality 1080p@60fps , HD Quality 720p@240fps. It;s also the first device with HDR video support.It comes with OIS (Optical Image Stablization) which stabalizes the video well even with some shaking.
Front Camera on Galaxy Note 7 is a 5 MP, f/1.7, 22mm camera with Auto HDR. With the maximum on selfie camera (5MP), photo quality is quite good . Pictures are detailed, but you need to turn on Auto HDR as the Front camera’s dynamic range isn’t that good as on the Rear/Back camera. Video Camera on the front records 1080p @60fps.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 comes with a 3,500mAh battery. Slight upgrade over Galaxy Note 5.With a new and improved power saving mode features it was not that impressive as compared to Galaxy S7 edge. It’s because of bigger screen as battery is just 100 mah less than S7 edge. Though there were many other power saving features even the Always-on takes around 20-25% Battery . Charging time was probably the same to what we saw on Galaxy Note 7 as the processor is the same (Exynos 8890 Octa-core).Though it managed One-full day with normal usage.
7. Final Conclusion
At a price of Rs 59,900 INR or $905-$910 US Dollar, Samsung Galaxy Note7 is that facelift – it’s an other Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge but with the rough edges with adding features such as iris scanner and USB Type-C
The S Pen or the Stylus is key to the overall user experience, and it has no alternative in the phone segment with same features. The Galaxy Note7 both looks and feels better. On the other hand, the Secure folder is in the way it creates a completely separate area in the phone just like Vault Application which is Available on Google Play Store. But Secure folder is locked by iris and fingerprint scanners. The new S Pen and with the Always On screen will help you to do your work quickly in your own way .
Drop your Own Opinions below in comments
- Android OS : Android OS, v6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Chipset : Exynos 8890 Octa-core (4x 2.3 GHz Mongoose & 4x 1.6 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU : Mali-T880 MP12
- RAM : 4 GB RAM
- Display Type : Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with Always-on display
- Screen Size : 5.7 inches (~78.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Screen Resolution : Quad HD1440 x 2560 pixels (~518 ppi pixel density)
- Display Protection : Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Internal Memory : 64 GB
- MicroSD card Support : Yes, microSD, Expandable up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Rear/Back : 12 MP, f/1.7, 26mm, phase detection autofocus PDAF, OIS, LED flash
- Camera Features : 1/2.5″ sensor size, 1.4 µm pixel size, geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 9MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, Auto HDR, panorama
- Video : 4K 2160p@30fps, Full HD 1080p@60fps,HD 720p@240fps, HDR,
- Front Camera : 5 MP, f/1.7, 22mm, Auto HDR
- UI -Samsung’s TouchWiz UI
- Sensors : Iris scanner, fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate sensor
- WiFi :Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band,
- Wi-Fi Direct, : Yes
- Bluetooth : v4.2, A2DP, EDR,
- GPS : A-GPS, GLONASS
- NFC : Yes
- USB : v3.1, Type-C reversible connector
- Back Panel :Corning Gorilla Glass 5 back panel
- BATTERY : 3500 mAh battery(Non – Removable)
- IP68 certified – dust proof and water resistant over 1.5 meter and 30 minutes